Where I am at

So I have data for two schools - one set is from my school and the other is from a school on the West Bank. I received an email from one of the counselors at a school on the East Bank telling me that she sent me the results of the survey from her school. Once I get the data from that school, I will start on getting all my data together and making my graphs. One of my classmates just told me about this program that is downloadable program on Microsoft Excel which can automatically make different statistical graphs for you, such as a boxplot, a histogram, etc. Also, this amazing add-on can conduct many statistical tests, such as, a one sample t-test, confidence intervals, and much more. The name of this add-on is the Analysis Toolpak. And if I am not able to make these graphs on Excel for some reason or am not able to get the Analysis Toolpak, I have found a couple of websites that can help me with making graphs online. This is a link to the histogram generator. It can not get easier than this people! All you have to do is put in your data points and how frequently they occur. And get this, the graphs appears instantly on the same page. Isn't this everything you've wanted in life? To be able to make a histogram online? <-- I am just kidding about that. But seriously, this is a really good and easy tool to use. Another awesome website that I found was for a box plot generator (Click here for the link). This is pretty cool as well. The same thing goes for this as it did for the histogram generator. All you have to do is put your data in the spaces given and bam! You have your very own boxplot. Is this amazing or what?

2 comments:

  1. Nazia Says:

    Wow! Those ARE some cool websites I must say :)
    I have a report due in like 2 days and these websites really helped me generate all of my plots EASILY....Thanks for sharing....keep up the great work Sobia.....that's a very nice name by the way......I'll be sure to visit ur website again soon......take care

    Posted on April 27, 2009 at 8:06 PM  

    Mai Vu Says:

    Omg Sobia. Why didn't you tell me to visit your blog earlier. You got some awesome websites. Man, if I know earlier about these websites I could have finish my data analysis faster. But anyways I am glad that you got your data collections. Keep up the good work.

    Posted on May 1, 2009 at 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment