The Survey

I emailed all the schools that I wanted to be a part of the survey a sheet which had my background information on it and it also had the survey that would be given to the students to complete. This is what I sent in the email to the senior sponsors or counselor:

"Hello. My name is and for my AP Statistics class, I have to do an experiment. I chose to see how many minutes on average seniors spend doing homework each school night. This project is equivalent to a final exam and will be counted as a big percentage of my final grade. I have attached the worksheet for you to give to your seniors. You can mail me back all the worksheets that you get from the seniors. Thank you so much for your time. I greatly appreciate this! Please feel free to email me with any questions or concerns that you may have."


This is the survey that I attached to the email for the sponsors or counselors to give to their students:


I am a senior and for my AP Statistics class, I have to do an experiment. I chose to see how many minutes seniors in Jefferson Parish spend doing homework each school night.


How much time on average do you spend doing homework each school night?


________________________Hours __________________________ Minutes


The only thing I am afraid about the results of these surveys is the fact that people might lie in this survey. They might either say that they spend more time to make themselves sound smarter. They can also lie by giving lesser time than they actually spend on homework because they do not want to sound like nerds in front of their friends.

3 comments:

  1. alexdee Says:

    I agree, I would also be worried that people may lie to make it seem as if they do more work than they actually do. But you can't let this set you back. I do not think that they will stray so far from the truth that the data will be severely affected, but definitely add this into your presentation!

    Posted on April 9, 2009 at 8:52 AM  

    Cinnamon M Says:

    Sobia, I understand about your concerns, but there is nothing you can do about it. I know when I take a lot of surveys, sometimes I lie on them. I think you would have to worry much about that, because people tend to answer any way when there is plenty of questions. Since yours only have one, it should not be a problem.

    Posted on April 9, 2009 at 8:52 AM  

    E.Hotard Says:

    I get the concerns, but as Cinnamon said there's nothing you can do about it. But chances are, no one is going to lie about something that stupid and the number is just an estimate anyways.

    Posted on April 9, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment