What I have accomplished

I am really excited. I called the schools that I was interested in and I was able to get in touch with two of the schools. This means that I can finally start looking at actual data and start analyzing it with histograms, box-plots, ogives, and even a back-to-back stem plot. Here is a fantastic link that explains what each of these statistical terms means. Also within this link, there are many other statistical terms that you may not know the definition of. This link was very useful for me because it explains the term in depth and for the terms that I knew but forgot, this was a review. Back to gathering the data; well, I was able to get in touch with two of the schools via phone, but one school I had to email. I told each of the schools to give me back to data by mail by Friday (tomorrow). This means that they if they postmark the one-question survey that I have asked them to give to the students by tomorrow, I should have my data by Monday. I asked them to send it to my school because it will be easier for me to get my data rather than it being delivered to my house and then me having to bring it to school. I am really glad to know that my project is on its way and it is finally getting somewhere. I am planning on calling other schools that I was not able to get in touch with tomorrow during class. One of the reasons that some schools did not answer was because they were conducting standardized testing and could not be disturbed. Hopefully when I call them during my Statistics class, they will be able to talk with me and I can tell them all about my wonderful project! :)

1 comments:

  1. Cinnamon M Says:

    Good job with your data collection. You are way further than me (lol). Can you give some examples that the website explains? I think you are on you way with finishing you data collection. Another question: do you have any plans if the results do not arrive in time? I think you might need to think about that. Just putting some questions on your mind.

    Posted on April 5, 2009 at 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment